partner guided readingour primary classrooms continue to work on nonfiction units of study. during a partner guided reading lesson (which was a new format for us) we had two students work together to read a book while getting coached by the teacher.
click here for partners work together sheet (you add the pictures)
the lesson format below for day one with the book penguins by kate briggs....
this book was at the children's instructional level (G/H)
- let’s take a sneak peak and think what is this book going to teach us.
- look at a few pictures(not the whole book)…
- what are you thinking about? let’s go back to the begin and let’s read it together .
- you can choral read, echo or see saw read(see saw read worked the best).
- the teacher coaches the partners to read the book together.
- now let's retell what the book was mostly about.
tactile experience for leaning letterswe have a wonderful reading intervention teacher who works with primary students. she shared these beautiful colored squares that she uses for kids to practice writing the letters or sight words on. she reminded us that sometimes kids need that tactile experience when learning... thank you louise! we love this
hammering it home with interactive writing
|we love anchor charts created with the kids!|
Writing with a Purpose
we giggled when laura found this letter in the hallway... dear tom brady i love your work and your awesome i know you are in houston. go crush those stupid falcons. love, jack
like jack's letter... we hope the patriots crush the falcons but we don't think the falcons are stupid.